Sunday, April 24, 2022

Lost & Found: A Box Of Slides From the 1960s

 It's not unusual to run across vintage photos and slides while pawing through the GoodWill Bins. I sometimes come home with photos. But slides have, in the past, been a bit harder to commit to. What am I going to do with them, make art? Then, last year, I bought a digital scanner for photo negatives and slides. Aha! The sudden ease... the possibilities!

Last fall I brought home a small box of 1960s-era slides. Some of the shots are definitely better than others, but I'm including them all here, because even the blurry ones capture a moment in time that may be significant to some.

Chicago is represented in many of these photos (Wrigley Building Restaurant, National Boulevard Bank of Chicago, Wendella Boat Rides, Park Place Motor Inn, Bill Thomas' Restaurant, Park Place, the Chicago Tribune.) Take note of the vintage cars and the people's clothing! Ah, 1960s, if only I'd known thee....


















No comments:

Post a Comment